PDA

View Full Version : Solved Looping

Taurus
20-10-10, 21:12
According to my host I have a huge problem with vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php running in my forums directory that appears to simply be looping and eating up CPU cycles. Can you please check this. Thank you.

kamilkurczak
21-10-10, 08:07
As I see you change a site style and translation works fast now.

Taurus
21-10-10, 21:11
Man, can you please check what I ask about, vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php running in my forums directory that appears to simply be looping and eating up CPU cycles.

I have to constantly kill this!

kamilkurczak
22-10-10, 11:24
Hello,
vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php is only front controller so if you have a loop - they may be caused by another mod. So please ask your host provider - Why he said that these are cycles (loop) and what is the reason - we will know where to start.

You were informed about what might be causing this problem by Michał.(from October 9) Did you make anything from Michał list? can you confirm it?
Here you have informations from Michał:

"If after restart it is all ok then I see those possibilities:
- Your Apache broke
- Your php broke
- Some background tasks was running (some sheduled tasks) which was killing your server

In first 2 cases it is possible that will never happen again or after long time.
If it is 3rd case then the issue will definitivelly come backe as soon as sheduled task will be triggered again."
Please - verify if first (because according to your data with previously posts- we think that it does not apply to vBET issue but one from this options).
Please check especially this point: - Some background tasks was running (some sheduled tasks) which was killing your server
so please check it: just go to your admincp->Scheduled Tasks->Scheduled Task Manager and disable ALL - if it helped - this is the reason (one process)- just enable one by one and find this process.
If not - check the first and second point from this list.

Please, verify it because we are a vBET support and we deal with the vBET issues - not server support.
Please REMEMBER IT:
vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php is only front controller. All Requests that are sent to your server walks through this file, So it will always be visible.

Thanks

Taurus
22-10-10, 14:30
Yes, vBET never has any problems. It is always something else. I have now set a cron job on my server to check and kill vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php every 4 minutes. And since I did this, my CPU load has been below 3 for more than 24 hours. While with vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php it will run up to more than 20 at times. So, how can it be something else!!??
So what lame excuse is next?

EDIT: What is the purpose of vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php???

kamilkurczak
22-10-10, 15:03
you have instructions what to do and what to check from vBET.
So please try to do it and confirm here. You asked us about it - Michał gave you a list of hints.

vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php is a front controller. ALL Requests to your server (all mods et.) walks through this file. This is a very short file. Just look in to the file.
this file is called on every request of a web session so this file is always visible.
More information about front controller: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_Controller_pattern

vBET
22-10-10, 15:36
So what lame excuse is next?

If you do not fallow our hints and do not use our help - why are you asking for it? You already got response and ignored it. It really doesn't matter for your server will you treat our hints as lame excuses or expert opinion. What matters for your sewer is will you made any actions or not.

So please fallow instructions which you got and check is it caused by some scheduled job.

It is definitively not vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php fault - because there is no any loop at all. Anyone with less that basic knowledge about PHP will tell you that. And this is not a topic to discuss - this is the fact. Open the file and check it yourself – there are only some conditional statements and variable changes. Please note that simply throwing bad words will not change anything here. If you are sure that it is only lame excuse then please point ANY loop inside of vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php file...
Otherwise, if you do not know what happens - then please first check it.

If any looping exists it will be in different file which is real request target or in some scheduled task (what you was asked to check). Also we already check on your forum (before I gave you hints quoted by Kamil) does redirection loops occurs and there was none.

As you already know we need information which will confirm or deny does it is some scheduled task fault. Information not opinion put in bad language and based on nothing.

Taurus
22-10-10, 18:48
So just tell me this. After killing vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php why does my CPU usage drop from 20 to 2? All I want to know.

And you wont find a loop on my forum now, because vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php is killed every 4 minutes by a cron job.

EDIT: Not everyone here has the knowledge you have on all these technical things you know! Is it so difficult to understand? I see my CPU goes up and up, until it crashes my site. I keep asking my hosting company what is causing this, and they give me the same reason every time. vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php
So what am I suppose to do? They don't tell me there is some mod running a scheduled task that is looping, they say it is vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php

They keep giving me these:

17616 nobody 25 0 80640 28m 4032 R 99.7 0.8 1571:01 lsphp5:ic_html/forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php
28305 nobody 25 0 80780 28m 4776 R 99.7 0.8 566:53.72 lsphp5:ic_html/forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php
24296 nobody 15 0 76876 23m 3952 S 40.7 0.7 0:00.99 lsphp5:ic_html/forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php
22259 nobody 15 0 75036 22m 4328 R 37.9 0.6 0:10.91 lsphp5:ic_html/forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php
24294 nobody 15 0 70600 18m 3904 S 12.6 0.5 0:00.78 lsphp5:ic_html/forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php

So now I am really extremely frustrated with all of this, because if it was a mod, then how must I find out about it.

I am sorry that I am not a genius like you.

vBET
22-10-10, 20:40
Why are you asking again what you should do when we already wrote you what you should do. If you want your hosting company support you with this issue - go there. If you want us to support you with this issue then use support which you already got.

We fully realize that not everybody has technical knowledge - that is why we give free support by our forum. That is why you got step by step instructions what you should do. Please use those instructions and give us feedback.

Also - we are not telling you that some other mod causing it in scheduled task. From the very beginning we are telling you that it is possible cause of issue, and from the very beginning we are asking you to verify this. You already got instructions how to do it. Please do it.

Your statistics says nothing about exact cause – those only told that issue is somewhere inside your forum (because all forum requests go through vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php). Your hosting company do not know our product and do not understand that. We do not ask you do understand it if you do not want to or are not possible to - we ask you to fallow exact instructions which you got. If you do not trust in our information that it is not fault of file vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php why are you even asking us again about it? You do not want to hear truth from us. And we will not lie you, we will give you again the truth – there is no loop inside of vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php. Maybe you will start understand it when you realize that there is no any other vBulletin file in your statistic - and this is because all requests going to vBulletin coming through vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php (except admin cp etc.). We do not know which requests are real cause of issue and it seems you are really not interested about solving the issue, because you continue to ignore again and again instructions which you got from vBET experts, claiming that someone who has completely no idea about vBET told you that vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php has loops. If you want to believe them, then please ask them to look inside this file and show you any line of code where is any loop.

Please note that we will not be able to help you when you refuse to use our help. We will be very glad when your issue will be gone, still we do not believe it will gone away itself.

There is no sense discussing anymore that it is vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php fault or not. It is not. You do not have to understand it to fallow our instructions. We already described you why vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php do not have loops and wrote you that if you want to keep telling that it have, then please show it. As long as you do not know what you are writing about please stop undermine this fact. What is your purpose here - to solve the issue or to discuss things which as you already wrote you do not have knowledge about? Please note that discussing about loops in vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php is completely waist of time yours and ours, and moves you no forward with your issue.

I thing you would be lot less frustrated if you stop listen pople who do not know vBET, start listening us, and fallow our hints instead of keep telling that we are giving you lame excuses, without even checking what we are writing about...

Also answering your question which you just gave:

if it was a mod, then how must I find out about it.
You already got answer for this and decided to ignore it... Please use it:
http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-troubleshooting/1113-looping.html#post5580
You have described there how you can turn off scheduled tasks. Just turn off one by one. Turn off one and see that issue still happens. If yes turn off another one and again... If issue stops happens - then last disabled scheduled task is responsible. If you turn off all scheduled tasks and issue will still happen even after server restart then it will confirm that this is not fault of scheduled tasks. In such case we will investigate it more. At this moment we need confirmation about this possible cause, because it seems most probable for us.

Taurus
22-10-10, 20:58
OK, thank you. I will do what you say.

Can I ask you only this. I have vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php at this stage killed every 4 minutes if present. Thus far I have not seen any problems on my forum by doing this, and also my CPU load has been extremely low for like 2 days since I did this.

So, I just want to know whether this is a bad thing to do? Killing vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php that is. What affect will this have?

And my apologies if I came over rude. Not my intentions.

vBET
22-10-10, 21:13
Killing the process every 4 minutes is not best solution. It is some solution - your server is working. But you do not know what you are killing. So your user from time to time can see that your forum is not available if actually his request was killed (of course it will be available immediately just after sending request again).
As I wrote all requests to forum go through vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php (you have set it in .htaccess). There goes requests for seeing forums, threads, albums - there goes requests for anything. Even for adding new content (you can loose new post if you kill such request before vBulletin write it to database).
So even when it solves your main server issue it is not really a medicine, just painkiller. The issue really exists. So we strongly recommend to investigate the issue. We gave you first direction. If this will appear wrong one we will support you with solving this. Still just like doctors - we first need to confirm/eliminate most potential cause. This is not diagnose - this is just medical examination. An X-ray which will allow us to solve the issue or tell us to look more. Hope that any fan of Dr House will understand what I mean ;)

Taurus
22-10-10, 21:22
lol, thank you for that medical explanation. The only issues now by switching off one by one scheduled task, is that when do I actually start doing it? Because it seems that the CPU usage grows very slowly over like 2 days. It is not that it shoots up suddenly. Then it would be easier to determine what scheduled task it is.

vBET
23-10-10, 13:18
OK so - I was mislead by your description about killing processes every 4 minutes... At this moment I'm little confused. Can you please explain why are you killing processes every 4 minutes, when issue appears every 2 days (by the way - this would point even more to some scheduled task as guilty one).

Please give me exact description of the situation. Also – is it really truth that CPU consumption grows slowly, or it is on similar level for long time and then goes up drastically. Please give detailed information. By giving us misleading information you make harder to help you.

Still please do the test. If it takes 2 days to appear the issue, then please just turn off all scheduled tasks. Restart your server and wait. If after 3 days nothing bad happens - it means that one of scheduled tasks is guilty. If still happens something else is the cause. So you will turn on all tasks again and let us know that ti is something else. Or you will turn on one scheduled task every 3 days if it is some scheduled task issue. In such case your server will be stable until you turn on the guilty one and you will know which one it is (rest tasks can be turned on then) - please give us your feedback.

If it is not scheduled task issue you will know it in most 3 days. If it is - you will know which one is guilty in more time - in such case please start turning on tasks from vBET tasks to eliminate or confirm that it is vBET issue.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations delivered by vBET 4.10.1