PDA

View Full Version : Solved Changing language in usercp but keeps link in url after

Cybershaolin
16-11-09, 06:03
When changing forum language in usercp to another language, let say this example:

Now: english
Changing for french
Changing back to english

When saved, the browser URL keeps adding the old lang=fr at the end or any URL's (or in this case, here on your forum, it keeps this: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/fr/usercp.php

Is this a bug?

BTW why is it different here? Here we get forum/fr and on my forum we get lang=fr at the end of URL'S?

vBET
16-11-09, 10:52
When changing forum language in usercp to another language, let say this example:

Now: english
Changing for french
Changing back to english

When saved, the browser URL keeps adding the old lang=fr at the end or any URL's (or in this case, here on your forum, it keeps this: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/fr/usercp.php

Is this a bug?

BTW why is it different here? Here we get forum/fr and on my forum we get lang=fr at the end of URL'S?

I will check does it is some but with cookies - thanks for notice.

About form of URL - go to Admin CP -> vBET -> Main and see what you have set for Translation links type

vBET
16-11-09, 17:55
Corrected - will be included in 3.1.3

Cybershaolin
28-11-09, 20:30
Well I still encounter this problem using 3.2.2. So you prbably keep this open instead of Closed...

vBET
28-11-09, 21:16
Well I still encounter this problem using 3.2.2. So you prbably keep this open instead of Closed...

Sorry it was corrected and tested in 3.1.3, perhaps we corrected something similar.

Please tell me does you see this bug on our server. If not please PM me your forum URL.

Cybershaolin
29-11-09, 07:40
No it seems to be OK here but you use vbSEO links directories here so I can't really compare because on my side, I use the "language=en" pattern.

vBET
29-11-09, 16:05
And this is very useful information for us. We will test it no this configuration on our testing server.

Also - we recommend to change your pattern to appropriate for SEO consensus. Please note that you do NOT have to use vBSEO - vBET supports it even for raw vBulletin links (and in 3.3.0 will support it also with links translation for FREE SEO mod - Zoints SEO).

Cybershaolin
29-11-09, 17:48
I don't use vBSEO and my settings reflect this. Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

vBET
29-11-09, 18:03
Of course. Once again you can have nice SEO translation links (i.e. /en/) without vBSEO, we made it configurable to let you made the decision :)

Cybershaolin
30-11-09, 02:50
I don't need it. This is why I don't use it and the configuration of VBet reflects this. This is why I have reported the actual problem with "language=en" in this specific thread. :)

vBET
15-01-10, 01:38
Corrected - will be included in vBET 3.3.0

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations made by vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1