PDA

View Full Version : Solved Users set language not honoured

Simon Lloyd
05-10-10, 21:00
I registered as a new user and selected spanish as my posting language, when i then logged in to the forum it was in english rather than spanish (i reside in england so my browser is english but in vbet settings i have chosen "trust user"), i checked in the usercp edit details and the language chosen shows spanish?

Can you advise please?

Regards,
Simon

EDIT: the language flag (spanish) cannot be selected so that part is honoured its just that it didn't translate the page to spanish!

kamilkurczak
06-10-10, 08:26
hello,
Trust user option it to Google Language Detection. Google is not asked about language at all, user settings are used. we trust the user that the message which he wrote, is in his language, which he set. Is only to posts written by this user.
Forum language will always be such that you chose. (for example "english")

vBET
06-10-10, 08:34
vBET will redirect to other specific language when you set special option in Misc section named Redirect to user language. Still please note that vBET redirects according to browser settings (send in headers) not according to user setting. This is enough because when you have real user who speaks Spanish then he will have Spanish settings in his browser - so vBET will be able to redirect him even when he is a guest. Also redirecting according to browser information is much faster – we can do it in very first hook. To be able to redirect according to user setting we have to wait until he logs in. And then we can redirect after vBulletin teak from database his details. So actual strategy is faster, works also for guests and for real users (not test accounts) it is enough :) You can simply test it by changing your browser language settings, restarting browser (redirection is only for first request in session, so we allow user to change it later) and sometimes clear cookies (if browser will hold session after restart).

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Languages translations supported by vBET 4.10.1