PDA

View Full Version : Solved After installation I got blank page

beaconsfield
02-10-10, 16:31
I read carefully and followed all instructions but after installation I got blank page. Something is wrong but I do not know.

I did vbseo integration first. Uploaded all files and installed plugin. Now I can not access all pages even my admincp.

I reconfigured my vbseo files and deleted all uploaded vbet files. I could not uninstall of vbet plugin from my admincp. I can see vbet database files from my plesk panel.

What can I do now? I need your urgent help.

beaconsfield
02-10-10, 20:25
I disabled all plugin hooks first. I deleted vbet database files because I could not delete normal way(uninstall from admincp) I uninstalled vbseo plugin and reinstalled it. My forum seems ok now.

I still have vbet options on my admin control panel.

I am sure I follow all instruction as it should be. (may be I am wrong)

I think I have cpu or some missing files(curv, something like that) on my server.

I think there is no technical support. Late support is nonsense.

beaconsfield
02-10-10, 21:37
I asked my server stuff. My server has already CURL and ICONV. What was the problem?

In the mean time I use custom vbulletin style. Might it be problem?

vBET
03-10-10, 00:51
I'm on it now. I will give full response in a minute.

vBET
03-10-10, 01:01
Custom template shouldn't be a problem. Also reinstalling vBSEO was unnecessary. If such thing happens during next vBET install please just override changed vBSEO files with their original content (from vBSEO package).

I cannot tell what exactly went wrong. It could be wrong vBSEO integration or something else.

Please make installation again. This time check how forum behaves after each step (so we will know what is the issue vBET or vBSEO integration). If it fails on one step - do not go to next one. So:
1. Made vBET installation and necessary configuration (do not set SEO links yet, do not change other options - only do the necessary stuff). Check does forum is working. Check does translation is working. If your forum is not working - disable vBET and let us know. If Admin CP is not working too - disable hooks globally, then disable vBET and enable hooks globally. Also let us know.
2. Set SEO links option and add vBET .htaccess rules. Check does forum and translations are working.
3. Made vBSEO integration. Check does forum and translations are working.
4. Change vBET options as you like (maybe you have issue with some specific configuration). Check does forum and translations are working.

As I wrote, at this moment I cannot tell what went wrong. But if you fallow our instructions and tell when it breaks we will be able to help more. Also - if it was some wrong integration (SEO links or vBSEO - so steps 2 or 3) and now it will be done right, then the issue is solved. We need more of your feedback here :)

Also please see this: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/troubleshooting/6-faq.html#post8

beaconsfield
03-10-10, 08:27
I am going step by step as you said to me.

I use vbseo 3.5.2. During the integration of vbseo:

vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_createurl.php

Find:
$vbseo_gcache_thread['seotitle'] = vbseo_filter_replace_text ($ttl);

REPLACE it with this code:
$vbseo_gcache_thread['seotitle'] = vbet_vbseo_filter_replace_text ($ttl);

If I replaced this code I got blank page. I did three times all were the same. I am waiting your answer.

vBET
03-10-10, 17:27
As I understand you pass 2nd step, so you have appropriate changes in .htaccess file. Please give us your whole content of .htaccess file - perhaps are used wrong rules (for forums without vBSEO), or those are in wrong place - we will check it. If those are OK. We will ask you for access details to check and sole it for you on place.

Also please note that we didn't check vBET with vBSEO 3.5.2 yet. We will install it on our test instance tomorrow and check for issues. So if it will be something common we will give solution without access details. If on our side it will work - we will ask you for access details.

beaconsfield
03-10-10, 17:41
First I started integration of vbseo according to your manual. I am at the third step of integration.

"NOTE: if you are using vBSEO please go to vBSEO Integration section first. Otherwise after uploading vBET files, you will not be able to use forum (even Admin CP) untill you made vBSEO Integraiton."

I did not change my .htaccess file

# Comment the following line (add '#' at the beginning)
# to disable mod_rewrite functions.
# Please note: you still need to disable the hack in
# the vBSEO control panel to stop url rewrites.
RewriteEngine On

# Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be
# enabled (remove '#' at the beginning to activate)
# Please note: when enabled, you must include the path
# to your root vB folder (i.e. RewriteBase /forums/)
#RewriteBase /

#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.mydomain\.com
#RewriteRule (.*) http://www.mydomain.com/$1 [L,R=301]

RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|cron|vbseo_sitemap)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

vBET
03-10-10, 17:50
So this is the problem. Sorry - there is small but in installation instructions. We changed integration so this it not appropriate way anymore. We will correct it in our readme file (we removed it from vBET4.x readme, but forgot to remove it from vBET3.x) - sorry for trouble.

Still - I gave you exact instructions what to do and you didn't fallow. We will not be able to help you if you do not use our help. Please just fallow exactly instructions which I gave you and then if there will be still any issue write about it. So undo step 3 and do step 1 and 2 first. I wrote very clearly that you can go to next one ONLY after checking does it work with actual one:

This time check how forum behaves after each step (so we will know what is the issue vBET or vBSEO integration). If it fails on one step - do not go to next one.

beaconsfield
03-10-10, 17:57
I did step 1 and step 2 of integration. I am following your read me instruction.

Please change you read me file. I will wait it.

vBET
03-10-10, 18:02
Readme has bug which we will correct (tomorrow should be corrected on server). I gave you appropriate instructions: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/troubleshooting/1054-after-installation-i-got-blank-page.html#post5163

Step 2 says to turn on SEO links and made .htaccess changes. You didn't do step 2, because you do not have our rules in your .htaccess

You asked for help and we gave you exact instructions what to do. Instructions which was ignored and installation was made one more time according to something else that we gave you as answer to your trouble. Please do what we ask to. If you will do wrong procedure hundred times you will fail hundred times. Yes - we had bug in readme. And we gave you corrected procedure. Please use it :)

Only necessary changes in readme is to remove this text, which is not true anymore:

NOTE: if you are using vBSEO please go to vBSEO Integration section first.
Otherwise after uploading vBET files, you will not be able to use forum (even Admin CP) untill you made vBSEO Integraiton.

I cannot made this change now, because network were I'm has blocked ports and I have no access to our FTP server now. Just please fallow instructions from given post or pretend that quoted text doesn't exist in our readme :)

beaconsfield
03-10-10, 18:06
It is clear now. I trusted your read me file so I followed it.;) I will reinstall it tomorrow according to your below message.

Custom template shouldn't be a problem. Also reinstalling vBSEO was unnecessary. If such thing happens during next vBET install please just override changed vBSEO files with their original content (from vBSEO package).

I cannot tell what exactly went wrong. It could be wrong vBSEO integration or something else.

Please make installation again. This time check how forum behaves after each step (so we will know what is the issue vBET or vBSEO integration). If it fails on one step - do not go to next one. So:
1. Made vBET installation and necessary configuration (do not set SEO links yet, do not change other options - only do the necessary stuff). Check does forum is working. Check does translation is working. If your forum is not working - disable vBET and let us know. If Admin CP is not working too - disable hooks globally, then disable vBET and enable hooks globally. Also let us know.
2. Set SEO links option and add vBET .htaccess rules. Check does forum and translations are working.
3. Made vBSEO integration. Check does forum and translations are working.
4. Change vBET options as you like (maybe you have issue with some specific configuration). Check does forum and translations are working.

As I wrote, at this moment I cannot tell what went wrong. But if you fallow our instructions and tell when it breaks we will be able to help more. Also - if it was some wrong integration (SEO links or vBSEO - so steps 2 or 3) and now it will be done right, then the issue is solved. We need more of your feedback here :)

Also please see this: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/troubleshooting/6-faq.html#post8

vBET
03-10-10, 18:08
Just undo vBSEO files changes :)

beaconsfield
03-10-10, 18:11
I did it. Thank you.

vBET
03-10-10, 18:17
Great and enjoy vBET! :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations supported by vBET 4.10.1