PDA

View Full Version : Accepted Manual editing other language translation result/cache, by admin

basketmen
25-09-10, 20:31
I read before about this here (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-general-discussions/409-how-does-works-manual-about-multi-language-support.html#post1511)

Is there a way to update the cache if the Google Translation is not exactly correct? Admins can edit the original post, but can they provide a better human translation in place of content from the Enterprise Translator?

We were thinking about it (such translations could be marked to avoid deletion from cache), but unfortunately Google does not allows for that. According to Google conditions you are not allowed to modify results of Google translations. So we cannot add such possibly.

My users are complain about the translation result by google most of them are very bad or not correct, we must be can manually editing the result/chace with better human translation for some posts

So as google translate tos, we cant modify and save the translation result/chache like you said in bold above, but we can translate the post 100% manual that need better human translation in that post, so nothing google translation in the post that edited by human translation

For example i have a single post that very bad result in other language with google translate, so admin can translate that single post, manual 100% and save the result without needed cleaned it latter

hmm i am still thinking how to do this with current vbet version now using phpmyadmin or manual in the post

vBET
27-09-10, 07:32
We know that Google is not always perfect. For some languages it is just great, for some not such great. But it becomes better and better.

You gave great idea - to allow to write whole translation from scratch. And it will be OK according to Google TOS. We accept this and I think that I already know how we can make it from administration site.

basketmen
19-10-10, 20:23
You gave great idea - to allow to write whole translation from scratch. And it will be OK according to Google TOS. We accept this and I think that I already know how we can make it from administration site.

can you tell us how to do that in current version? or some clue?

if other member have more idea please share it too, so that we can thinking better way for it together

vBET
02-11-10, 13:30
Right now I suggest to hold on. It is because if you update cache data manually it will be removed anyway after cache cleaning. We will have to add new column for database cache to recognize which translations are automatic which not, so cache cleaner will not remove your translations.

We will also work to integrate with vBulletin phrases system to allow to use it for GUI standard texts in other languages. This can be hard because of lack of hooks in appropriate places. Anyway even without that we will be able to handle manual translation. Just please hold now, otherwise cleaner will remove your translations like automatic translations.

basketmen
02-11-10, 14:17
ok understood :D

vBET
30-09-11, 23:45
We remember about this one :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translated to other languages supported by vBET Translator 4.10.1