PDA

View Full Version : Solved VBSEO problem

Taurus
23-09-10, 18:11
As soon as I do the VBSEO file changes and upload to my server, I get white pages on my forum. Please advise.

vBET
24-09-10, 15:30
1. Make sure that your changes are appropriately done. Start again from clean vBSEO files (from their package) and mad changes step by step.
2. Make sure your .htaccess rules are appropriate.
3. Checks in your log files what it is about - there should be some error log.
4. Check does your server can connect to Google: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-troubleshooting/413-faq-2.html#post1729
5. As I understand without vBSEO files changes translation works fine - is it true? If not make sure you have required PHP libraries installed: CURL and ICONV

Taurus
24-09-10, 15:50
I did all changes again, same thing. (Clean vBSEO files)
I think the .htaccess rules are correct.
Translations and everything else works fine. Soon as I make the changes in vBSEO files, whitepage.

vBET
24-09-10, 15:53
Please give your full content of .htaccess file.
Did you found any error message in your log file?

Taurus
24-09-10, 15:56
Here it is:

# Comment the following line (add '#' at the beginning)
# to disable mod_rewrite functions.
# Please note: you still need to disable the hack in
# the vBSEO control panel to stop url rewrites.
RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/index.php [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|vbseo_sitemap/|cron)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule $ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

# Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be
# enabled (remove '#' at the beginning to activate)
# Please note: when enabled, you must include the path
# to your root vB folder (i.e. RewriteBase /forums/)
#RewriteBase /

#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.yourdomain\.com
#RewriteRule (.*) http://www.yourdomain.com/forums/$1 [L,R=301]

RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|cron|vbseo_sitemap)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

vBET
24-09-10, 18:30
You are using language= links. Please switch to SEO links. That is why your forum broke - you made appropriate changes in vBSEO files, but .htaccess rules was inactive, because links where not in SEO mode. So requests didn't past our seo file and vBET didn't include file firth functions which are used in vBSEO changed code.

Please switch to SEO links (vBET main options) and made vBSEO integration again. Please tell did it help.

Also about your .htaccess file - please move vBET rules JUST AFTER sitemap generator rule (so as is it in our description JUST BEFORE rules to vbseo.php) - you put it in wrong place. You cannot have any rules between vBET rules and rules to vbseo.php

Taurus
25-09-10, 05:13
OK, so just to confirm, this is what my .htacces should look like:??

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

#RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/index.php [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/$2 [L,QSA]

vBET
25-09-10, 14:59
Not at all... You moved only 2 of 4 vBET rules! Also you had broken vBSEO rule - you split it in a half by adding vBET rules in wrong place.

Here is appropriate content:

RewriteEngine On

#RewriteBase /

Taurus
26-09-10, 02:59
lol, thanks Michal! My head is spinning still from upgrading to vb4. Everything seems to be running smooth now. I must say, that the installation and configuration for vBET for vb4 is definitely much easier than with vb3.

Thanks again for all your help. You ROCK!!

basketmen
01-10-10, 22:07
As soon as I do the VBSEO file changes and upload to my server, I get white pages on my forum. Please advise.

1. Make sure that your changes are appropriately done. Start again from clean vBSEO files (from their package) and mad changes step by step.
2. Make sure your .htaccess rules are appropriate.
3. Checks in your log files what it is about - there should be some error log.
4. Check does your server can connect to Google: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-troubleshooting/413-faq-2.html#post1729
5. As I understand without vBSEO files changes translation works fine - is it true? If not make sure you have required PHP libraries installed: CURL and ICONV

Just want to share, i use vb 3 btw

I get blank white pages too yesterday in some pages, before i dont get it

after i go to admincp --> vBET Tools --> Cache Cleaner, and clean all, its fix it

strange, maybe some vbet chace table are broken

vBET
02-10-10, 23:07
I really cannot check the issue if it doesn't exists anymore... Please note that vBET must have connection to Google to be able to translate. So maybe your server had some temporary issues with that, and cache cleaning really didn't solve the issue, but by coincidence before cleaner did it's job, your server was able again to connect with Google. This is only speculation. You can check it yourself if it happens again. Here is how to check does your server can connect to Google: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-troubleshooting/413-faq-2.html#post1729 (you can find described code already prepared in vBET package in do-not-upload/tools directory).

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations by vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1