PDA

View Full Version : Solved Latest Posts Sidebar appears in original post language

MOGmartin
17-09-10, 12:30
Hi There,

so Ive had my first few posts in other languages, which is exciting, but Ive found a bug with my installation (I think).

In the "Latest Posts" Sidebar, the posts are appearing in their original language. Right now, when you look at the forum in its default language (english) there are both Russian and Spanish posts appearing in that sidebar.

Can this be translated automatically? Have I set something up wrong?

thanks

Martin

vBET
17-09-10, 12:58
You didn't made anything wrong. This is feature of vBulletin - in your last post section are shown only parts of posts, and vBulletin removes all bbcode from them. That is why those are not translated, vBulletin just removes information about other language and do not evaluate bbcodes (since those are removed).

At this moment we are not able to change this behavior - our bbcode is removed on higher level. We already made request to vBulletin to allow to define bbcodes which will not be removed, we did it long time ago and get no answer at all... Please see here: Not removable BBCODEs (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?343784-Not-removable-BBCODEs)

As long as bbcodes will be removed we are not able to made translation in places where such stripped text is shown.

MOGmartin
17-09-10, 13:09
You didn't made anything wrong. This is feature of vBulletin - in your last post section are shown only parts of posts, and vBulletin removes all bbcode from them. That is why those are not translated, vBulletin just removes information about other language and do not evaluate bbcodes (since those are removed).

At this moment we are not able to change this behavior - our bbcode is removed on higher level. We already made request to vBulletin to allow to define bbcodes which will not be removed, we did it long time ago and get no answer at all... Please see here: Not removable BBCODEs (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?343784-Not-removable-BBCODEs)

As long as bbcodes will be removed we are not able to made translation in places where such stripped text is shown.

ok no problems, thanks for the full detailed response!

best regards

MOGmartin

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations delivered by vBET 4.10.1