PDA

View Full Version : Solved reverse translation of posts not working

MOGmartin
15-09-10, 16:58
Hi there,

I have added some posts in spanish, on my /es/ translation.

when I view those posts in the default (english) on the root, they appear in Spanish.

EXAMPLE: UK subforum makes everything Russian (http://seoforums.org/feedback-suggestions/4419-uk-subforum-makes-everything-russian.html#post21608)

this post was added in spanish, on the spanish subsite, but is not translated.

Do I need to have the language set in the control panel before vBET will translate it back, or should it work just by recognizing which part of the site you are using when you add the post?

(if I do need to have it set in the control panel, where exactly?)

thanks

Martin.

MOGmartin
16-09-10, 09:25
I need help on this ASAP, as right now the translations work, but its not possible for people to interract in other languages.

(the reason I bought the paid version)

thanks in advance,

Martin

vBET
16-09-10, 15:54
Please read this article http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-general-discussions/409-how-does-works-manual-about-multi-language-support.html and tell do you need more help in this area.

In case of pointed message - it was not marked as written in other language. Now you have to edit it and mark it by lang bbcode. Please read article below - it describes how to do this and also how to make vBET recognize language automatically (for new messages - existing one you have to edit manually and add lang bbcode).

MOGmartin
16-09-10, 16:26
thank you for the confirmation - can the user select his default language anywhere after registration? I can not find it in the userCP etc.

thanks for your assistance

MOGmartin
17-09-10, 09:25
thank you for the confirmation - can the user select his default language anywhere after registration? I can not find it in the userCP etc.

Also, I think it would be better if the plugin would autodetect the language of the post and translate it, or alternatively translate it if it was posted on a translated version.

any chance?

vBET
17-09-10, 10:51

User can select his default language during registration and in User CP. Also you can force already existing users to set their default language - please see vBET options in Misc section :)

vBET
17-09-10, 10:53
Also, I think it would be better if the plugin would autodetect the language of the post and translate it, or alternatively translate it if it was posted on a translated version.

any chance?

Already supported. I gave you link to article and see you didn't read it ;) Just go to vBET options in Google section you will find this configuration.

Do you need some assist here or the issue is solved? :)

MOGmartin
17-09-10, 12:28
I think Ive got it mate, got one last doubt but Im posting that in a new thread.

thanks again,

MOGmartin

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations delivered by vBET Translator 4.10.1